Many patients who receive a diagnosis of rheumatoid arthritis may have specific questions about their condition. Rheumatoid arthritis is one of many varieties of arthritis that can affect the joints in the body. It is classified as an autoimmune disorder, which occurs when the body’s immune system mistakenly attacks healthy tissues. This might cause chronic inflammation and pain in the affected areas. It can impact patients at any age, even children, though this is less commonly diagnosed before the age of 30. When patients in the Manhattan, New York area have concerns about managing their chronic pain, they will want to speak to the team at the New York Center for Integrative Health to discuss treatment options.
What treatment solutions are available for chronic pain management?
There are various treatments available to help manage rheumatoid arthritis symptoms and improve one’s daily quality of life. Solutions may include the following:
- Acupuncture. Proven to reduce pain, inflammation, and swelling
- Exercise. Regular physical activity is important for improved well-being, as it can help relieve joint stiffness and increase flexibility.
- Topical treatments. There are a number of topical creams available that can be applied directly to affected areas to help reduce inflammation and pain.
- Stress management. It is important for patients to be mindful of their stress levels, as high-stress levels can worsen symptoms. Relaxation techniques, like meditation or yoga, can be beneficial for stress relief.
- Nutritional changes. Eating a nutritious, quality, balanced diet rich in fruits, vegetables, and other whole, natural foods can help reduce inflammation and improve overall health.
- Supplements. Certain supplements provide additional nutritional support to the body. Speak with your provider at the New York Center for Integrative Health before incorporating any supplements into your daily routine.
The following may be helpful as well, but should be employed only when other approaches have not been successful.
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). These are medications that help reduce inflammation and pain.
- Corticosteroids. These are drugs that help to reduce inflammation and pain.
- Biologic agents. These are medications designed to block the inflammatory response in the body.
Call our practice today to request an initial evaluation and consultation appointment!
If you are in or around the Manhattan, NY, community and are seeking a team of doctors who provide chronic pain management for rheumatoid arthritis, call (917) 477-3538 to request a visit with our team at 345 7th Avenue, Suite #1601.
New York Center for Integrative Health is a multi-disciplinary team of providers that work collaboratively to assist you on your healthcare journey. Taking a truly holistic approach that honors your unique needs, the team will work with you to get you sustainably well.
Dr. Robert Kachko
, Founder and Director of the NY Center for Integrative Health, is a pioneer in Naturopathic and Integrative Medicine and has developed an extensive bio-psychosocial methodology for people living with chronic diseases. As Immediate Past President of the American Association of Naturopathic Physicians
, Dr. Kachko advocates for healthcare reform to allow everyone accesses to the kind of care our clinic provides.
Share this Article