If you have been searching for chronic pain relief treatment in New York, NY, you likely are already familiar with the daily pain and unexpected flare-ups that come with chronic pain. You already know the mental and physical toll it can take on the body, and you are ready to reach out for help from professionals with experience treating chronic conditions. If you have never visited an integrative medicine center, you may have some questions about how we will address your pain. Here are some of the most frequent questions people have about our services.
Frequently Asked Questions About Chronic Pain and Integrative Medicine:
- What is the integrative medicine approach for chronic pain? The integrative medicine approach to chronic pain starts with discovering the root cause of the pain and developing a treatment plan based on that discovery. Many people spend years masking their chronic pain with medications and worry that the pain is their new normal. An Integrative approach helps you to heal in a sustainable way.
- What type of chronic pain conditions can be treated with integrative medicine? Integrative medicine is appropriate for most conditions because each patient has a unique treatment plan to help them accomplish their goals and reduce or eliminate chronic pain flare-ups.
- What type of results can I expect from pain treatments? Each situation is different, but you can expect the results you experience to last and for your whole body to benefit from many treatment options. That is because instead of only taking a pill to mask pain, correct medications are prescribed as needed alongside other approaches such as acupuncture, electric stimulation, biofeedback, hypnotherapy, nutraceuticals, and so much more as part of a whole-body healing approach.
- How long will treatment last? The duration of the treatment will depend on the specific condition, but generally speaking patients can expect about one month of treatment for every year they have had a chronic condition. The approach includes learning how to keep yourself pain free for life, even after treatment.
- What can I expect at my first appointment? You will find that the doctor asks you many questions about your specific symptoms, lifestyle, diet, and history. You may also be surprised to hear questions about your health goals and long-term wellness with NY Center for Integrative Medicine.
You do not have to accept pain as your new normal as there is chronic pain relief treatment in New York, NY.
Chronic pain conditions can make you feel down mentally and physically. It is time to start on a path to wellness with integrative medicine from a team of doctors who are experts in the field and genuinely care about each patient’s overall health and wellness.
NY Center for Integrative Medicine serves New York, NY, with chronic pain care treatment plans. Call us at (718) 866-3695 today to schedule your appointment.
Share this Article