WAVI Brain Activity Testing
Take a closer look at your health with a WAVi brain activity scan in Brooklyn, NY
Never before has it been possible to so quickly and easily measure brain health in the doctor’s office.
WAVi scans measure brain health and performance, including brain power, brain speed, and reaction time. This test can help your doctor understand the source of difficult-to-treat symptoms by highlighting asymmetrical areas in your brain, as well as evaluate your progress. At the NY Center for Integrative Medicine in Brooklyn we use the WAVi brain activity scan as part of our approach to Integrative Medicine.
This cutting-edge assessment takes less than 45 minutes and provides our doctors with information needed to personalize a treatment plan for your unique needs. The EEG process is 100% painless and has no negative impacts on the brain or body.
The WAVi Headset is FDA cleared for use in routine clinical and research settings where rapid placement of a number of EEG electrodes is desired.
Why should I measure my brain performance?
What your brain waves say about your health
WAVi is a type of electroencephalography (EEG) that measures your brain’s electrical activity using sensors placed on your scalp. First, a bit about the varieties of brain waves:
- Delta waves are most active in the deepest stages of NREM sleep, and their activity stimulates the release of various hormones, including growth hormone. Delta waves are more active early in life, and disruptions may be associated with dementia and Parkinson’s, as well as a wide variety of other disorders.
- Theta waves are generally seen in sleep, but they are also active during deep trance states, such as hypnosis or deep meditative states. When theta waves are most prominent, our brain can ignore signals from the outside world and focus within.
- Alpha waves are most prevalent when your brain is relaxed but still awake. These sorts of waves are particularly dominant during REM sleep. When you have elevated Alpha waves throughout the day, it’s a sign your brain is running on autopilot, and you may have difficulty focusing.
- Beta waves dominate our everyday activity, and elevated levels indicate intense focus or alertness. These waves indicate fast processing in the brain, such as decision making. Low levels of beta waves are linked with chronic pain, insomnia, and depression.
Overactivity in certain brain areas is linked to anxiety, insomnia, mania, anger, and nerve pain. Meanwhile, lower activity in different brain areas is correlated with depression, lack of focus, sleeplessness, and chronic pain.
WAVi brain testing can pick up erratic fluctuations in brain activity linked to a wide range of emotional and mental processing issues, including panic attacks, OCD, eating disorders, nighttime teeth grinding, sleep apnea, and epilepsy.
Start your treatment today
A WAVi scan takes as little as 30-40 minutes. During your scan, one of our providers will ask you to perform a series of specific mental tasks. Based on your unique results, we can form a treatment plan together. Contact us today at (718) 866-3695 to learn more about how integrative medicine can improve your quality of life while treating chronic health issues.
Importance of brain health and its relationship with anxiety - Dr. Robert Kachko
How to determine the health of the brain?
Hi, this is Dr. Robert Kachko from the New York Center for Integrative Medicine. When it comes to brain health, we have to consider whole-body health and vice versa. A healthier body will always have a healthier brain.
When we consider conditions like anxiety, depression, also memory disorders like dementia and Alzheimer’s, we have to take a holistic view of what causes these conditions.
What is anxiety, and how to address it?
When it comes to anxiety, we know that the feeling that people have when they’re anxious is a signal that we need to figure out the root cause of what’s going on.
Anxiety is nothing but an alarm telling us that something is not going well. To assess the brain’s conditions, we need to do a comprehensive look at people’s blood work and evaluate the brain itself.
What can be monitored through comprehensive bloodwork?
To look at someone’s blood work from a brain health perspective, we have to consider things like;
– Blood sugar and insulin resistance
– Hormonal function like thyroid and all the sex hormones
– Essential vitamin and mineral deficiencies
What are the tools available to make an in-depth assessment of the brain?
We can do an in-depth assessment of the brain itself in our office. In our clinic, we employ EEG technology called the Wavi.
The Wavi brain scan allows us to take an in-depth assessment of the brain. We can look at the brain’s power, speed, and processing time.
We can look at left and right brain imbalances and look for markers correlated to anxiety, depression, dementia, other memory issues, and attention deficit issues.
How do you address the issues found concerning brain health?
Once we’ve done this comprehensive assessment, we’ve got many tools in our toolkit to address a long term healthy brain.
Stress plays a significant role in people dealing with anxiety, depression, and also dementia. We have to take a very comprehensive approach to help people reduce their stress.
We do IV therapy to offer targeted nutrients to the brain to support the required systems.
Similarly, we do acupuncture, a wonderful traditional tool with a lot of evidence for conditions like anxiety, depression, and stress.
Finally, we will employ botanical medicines, high-dose vitamins, minerals, nutraceuticals, and even pharmaceutical medication to help direct brain support.