At the New York Center for Integrative Health in Manhattan, New York, our providers offer several tools to help diagnose various health issues. This includes gut microbiome testing. If you are searching for a provider who offers gut microbiome testing near me, we welcome you to call our doctors to find out more about your overall health, as there are several benefits to having this diagnostic testing performed.
What are the advantages of gut microbiome testing?
- Personalized nutrition plans. One of the main benefits of gut microbiome testing is that it provides personalized nutrition plans based on your unique gut bacteria composition. This information can help you make dietary changes that improve your health and well-being.
- Identifies potential health risks. Another advantage of gut microbiome testing is that it can identify potential health risks associated with imbalances in your gut bacteria. By detecting these imbalances early on, you can take proactive steps to prevent any related health issues and get insight into your overall health and wellness.
- Improves gut health. Imbalanced gut bacteria have been linked to various digestive disorders and concerns like irritable bowel syndrome, Crohn’s disease, and even ulcerative colitis. By identifying and addressing imbalances, gut microbiome testing helps to improve gut health and effectively alleviate symptoms of these disorders.
- Helps with weight management. Continued studies have shown that the types and amount of bacteria in our gut can affect weight management. Gut microbiome testing can identify imbalances in your gut bacteria that may contribute to weight gain, allowing you to make necessary dietary and lifestyle changes to maintain a healthy weight.
- May aid in disease identification. Gut microbiome testing is still a relatively new field, but research has shown promising results in its ability to assist in identifying various diseases. For example, certain imbalances in gut bacteria have been linked to conditions like diabetes, autoimmune disorders, and even mental health issues.
- Non-invasive and easy to use. Unlike other medical tests, gut microbiome testing is non-invasive as it only requires a stool sample. This makes it a convenient and painless way to gather important health information.
What can imbalanced microbiomes cause?
If your microbiomes are out of balance, it can result in a variety of symptoms and concerns. This includes:
- Depression and anxiety
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Acne and other skin issues
- Nutritional deficiencies
How do I schedule an appointment for gut microbiome testing?
If you are interested in learning more about microbiome testing for gut and digestive health, call (917) 477-3538 to request an appointment with our providers at the New York Center for Integrative Health, conveniently located at 345 7th Avenue, Suite #1601 in Manhattan, New York.
New York Center for Integrative Health is a multi-disciplinary team of providers that work collaboratively to assist you on your healthcare journey. Taking a truly holistic approach that honors your unique needs, the team will work with you to get you sustainably well.
Dr. Robert Kachko
, Founder and Director of the NY Center for Integrative Health, is a pioneer in Naturopathic and Integrative Medicine and has developed an extensive bio-psychosocial methodology for people living with chronic diseases. As Immediate Past President of the American Association of Naturopathic Physicians
, Dr. Kachko advocates for healthcare reform to allow everyone accesses to the kind of care our clinic provides.
Share this Article