We cannot effectively treat what we do not know. At the New York Center for Integrative Health, we serve Manhattan, Stamford, and greater NYC with real treatments. These therapies do not simply resolve symptoms. They target and address the root cause of often life-altering conditions and concerns.
Comprehensive blood testing provides considerable insights into factors that contribute to an individual’s overall health and well-being, including the condition and function of the kidneys, liver, and other organs. As a truly comprehensive approach to bloodwork, we go beyond the CBC or Complete Blood Count.
Information derived from our expansive testing provides an invaluable understanding of:
- Nutritional health and the presence of deficiencies in vital vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients; for instance, vitamin B12 (supports nervous system function) and Vitamin D (essential for the likes of bone, muscle, and joint health)
- Thyroid function and potential imbalances have implications for everything from how one’s body converts food into energy or metabolism to how one’s body temperature is regulated
- Inflammation by measuring inflammatory “markers”; for example, Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate (ESR) and C-reactive protein (CRP) released by the liver into the bloodstream – increases in these indicators of health may suggest the presence of certain inflammation-causing diseases and the presence of inflammation in some part of the body (severe bacterial, fungal infections; IBD; some types of arthritis; PID; autoimmune disease)
- Hormone levels to assess for imbalances and potential medical conditions related to them (such as PCOS, breast cancer risk, ovarian cysts); key hormones that may be checked range from estrogen and progesterone to testosterone/DHEA, follicle-stimulating, and luteinizing hormones
- Immune system health and function, with an evaluation that may identify the likes of antibody deficiencies, neutrophil disorders, T cell defects, and other indicators of specific conditions that affect one’s ability to heal and fight off harmful “invaders” like germs
- Kidney health and function: for example, the Glomerular Filtration Rate measures how well this organ filters blood, as its main function is to filter waste and extra water out of your blood
- Liver health and function; for instance, commonly, tests may evaluate for potential injury to this organ responsible for detoxifying blood, processing waste, storing vitamins, and other essential functions by determining the level of certain enzymes/proteins in the blood (among them, AST or SGOT)
- And so much more!
Rethink your perception of basic diagnostic testing and services. At the New York Center for Integrative Health, we know our treatments are only as “good” as the diagnostics used to inform these perfectly personalized plans. Call our Manhattan, NY office at (917) 477-3538 today with questions and to schedule an appointment. Our team in Stamford, CT, can be reached at (866) 320-6402
New York Center for Integrative Health is a multi-disciplinary team of providers that work collaboratively to assist you on your healthcare journey. Taking a truly holistic approach that honors your unique needs, the team will work with you to get you sustainably well.
Dr. Robert Kachko
, Founder and Director of the NY Center for Integrative Health, is a pioneer in Naturopathic and Integrative Medicine and has developed an extensive bio-psychosocial methodology for people living with chronic diseases. As Immediate Past President of the American Association of Naturopathic Physicians
, Dr. Kachko advocates for healthcare reform to allow everyone accesses to the kind of care our clinic provides.
Share this Article