One of the most important aspects of any weight loss program is safety and sustainability. This means you should not only lose weight gradually but also maintain it in the long term. At the New York Center for Integrative Health in Manhattan, we aim to provide patients with sustainable weight loss and a better quality of life.
Here are some tips to help you ensure that your chosen weight loss program through the New York Center for Integrative Medicine is both safe and sustainable:
- Consult with a healthcare professional. Before starting any new weight loss program, you will want to consult with an experienced and skilled healthcare professional. They can thoroughly assess your current health status and provide personalized recommendations.
- Look for evidence-based weight loss methods. There are numerous weight loss programs out there, but not all are backed by scientific evidence. Look for programs that have been studied and proven to be incredibly effective in assisting patients in losing weight safely.
- Avoid extreme diets. Crash diets or extreme calorie restrictions may lead to quick weight loss, but they are not sustainable in the long term. These types of diets can also be harmful to your health and may result in nutrient deficiencies.
- Focus on lifestyle changes. Instead of following a strict diet, focus on making lasting lifestyle changes. This can include incorporating healthy eating habits, increased and regular exercise, and even stress management techniques into your daily routine.
- Set realistic goals. It is critical that you set up realistic and achievable goals for weight loss. Rapid weight loss may not be safe and can often lead to regaining the lost weight once the program is over.
- Listen to your body. If a weight loss program causes discomfort or excessive constraints, it may not be suitable for you. It is vital that you take time to listen to your body and make adjustments as needed under the guidance of your healthcare professional at our office.
Request a visit with our health team today to learn more about sustainable weight loss solutions!
The primary key to achieving successful weight loss is taking a gradual, balanced approach and maintaining healthy habits in the long term. If you are considering ways to lose weight to improve overall health and wellness and feel confident in your body, we welcome you to call the New York Center for Integrative Health in Manhattan, New York, to learn more. Call (917) 477-3538 to request a visit with our team at 345 7th Avenue, Suite #1601.
New York Center for Integrative Health is a multi-disciplinary team of providers that work collaboratively to assist you on your healthcare journey. Taking a truly holistic approach that honors your unique needs, the team will work with you to get you sustainably well.
Dr. Robert Kachko
, Founder and Director of the NY Center for Integrative Health, is a pioneer in Naturopathic and Integrative Medicine and has developed an extensive bio-psychosocial methodology for people living with chronic diseases. As Immediate Past President of the American Association of Naturopathic Physicians
, Dr. Kachko advocates for healthcare reform to allow everyone accesses to the kind of care our clinic provides.
Share this Article